Sunday, November 8, 2009

What the heck!



How could they lose? I was cent percent certain that India are going to whack the Aussies in the one-day series. I was about to blog floridly on that, before the series had started. And I had my reasons and beliefs. Good that I didn’t write, for it doesn’t feel good to eat your words.

But I must vent out my anger, rather say, my frustration. Have no doubts, this Indian team is amongst the best, probably the best, on talent terms, in the current international circuit. Have a look at the top 7 batters, and it should send a shiver down the bowlers. Bowling and fielding are not of the commensurate standard, but they look so because they are not executed properly on field. Somehow this team doesn’t want to excel. They take one step forward, and then two backwards.

How could we lose the Mohali and Hyderabad one-dayers? I can’t fathom it yet. Ponting would have been smirking. These guys are the same chokers of the late 90’s. Sachin out – the rest of the team follows. Oh! I shouldn’t have mentioned that. Why it happens with Sachin? I was in my school, when Chennai 1999 had happened. I haven’t been able to get over that yet. How will I get over Hyderabad?

But as I say and write each time India underperforms, life goes on. But somebody please tell those buggers, they are only good if they improve; life circles and teaches in funny ways, even to the lordly Cricketers.

No comments: